Watermark International Pty Limited (WMI) may collect personal information where reasonably necessary. Personal information may include the following:
- your name, address and contact details;
- your date of birth;
- identification information (including a sample of your signature or a copy of your driver’s licence or other identification card);
- details about your employment or income;
- your bank account details and other financial information;
- details of the products and services provided to you by WMI;
- details your dealings with WMI, including records of telephone, email and online interactions;
- credit-related personal information.
How Personal Information is Collected
As far as it is reasonable and practical, WMI collects personal information directly from you.
WMI may also collect personal information from other sources, including from:
- Service providers that provide products and services to WMI;
- publicly available sources;
- information from the government;
- credit reporting bodies (CRBs);
- your representatives or authorized agents; and
- WMI’s related companies or affiliates.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Generally, WMI collects, uses, and discloses personal information in relation to the conduct of WMI’s business, including to provide you with products and services you requested or to respond to your queries.
WMI may also use personal information to make you aware of WMI’s other products or services or to provide you with offers, including offers from WMI’s business partners or associates.
WMI may also collect, use, and disclose personal information in relation to potential or actual unlawful activity.
WMI may exchange personal information with third parties in limited circumstances, including (without limitation) with:
- credit providers and credit reporting agencies
- your representatives;
- WMI’s professional advisers (such as legal, accounting, auditing and business consultants);
- government or regulatory authorities; or
- WMI’s related companies or affiliates or business partners.
WMI may also exchange personal information with contractors or service providers who provides products or services to WMI, including (without limitation) in relation to:
- mailing or courier services;
- billing and debt recovery facilities;
- marketing; or
- website and technology services.
WMI may disclose personal information to parties who may be located in Australia or other countries.
Web traffic information may be disclosed to Google Analytics. Google may store information across multiple countries.
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may provide you with information on WMI’s products and services. We may provide you with this information by post, email, and/or phone.
Website Information and Cookies
When you use this website, WMI’s hosting platforms or Internet Service Provider (ISP) may make a record of your visit and log relevant information (including, without limitation, your IP or server address, your domain name, the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages and documents you accessed, the previous site you had accessed (i.e., the referring URL) and the type of browser you are using).
WMI may also use Google Analytics to collect information about your interaction with this website.
This information is collected to administer this website, for internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistics, and survey purposes). This information may also be used to provide users with a personalised experience when visiting this website.
Credit-Related Personal Information
WMI may provide products and services to customers on credit. WMI may handle certain credit-related personal information in relation to this credit.
WMI may collect and hold credit-related personal information about an individual, permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including (without limitation):
- name, sex, date of birth, driver’s license number, employer and most recent addresses;
- confirmation of previous information requests from CBR’s made by other credit providers and credit insurers about the individual;
- details of previous credit applications (such as the amount and type of credit and credit limit);
- details of current and previous credit arrangement (such as credit providers and certain terms and conditions of credit arrangements);
- permitted payment default information;
- information about serious credit infringements;
- information about adverse court judgments and insolvency;
- publicly available information about the individual’s credit worthiness; or
- any credit score or credit risk assessment indicating a CRB’s or credit provider’s analysis of the individual’s eligibility for consumer credit.
This information may include information about an individual’s arrangements with other credit providers as well as with WMI.
WMI may disclose credit-related personal information to CRBs to assist the CRBs to maintain information about individuals to provide to other credit providers for credit assessments.
WMI may collect credit-related personal information from CRBs, to the extent permitted by law, to assess relevant credit or guarantee applications, manage and review the credit or guarantee, assign debts, collect overdue payments, or produce assessments and ratings in respect of the individual’s credit worthiness.
WMI may exchange credit-related personal information with guarantors, debt buyers, and other credit providers.
Under the Privacy Act, individuals may request CRBs not to:
- use their credit-related personal information to determine their eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
- use or disclose their credit information, if they have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
Storage of Personal Information
WMI may store personal information at WMI’s premises or with the assistance of service providers.
WMI maintains strict procedures and standards to prevent unauthorised access to, misuse, loss, or the disclosure of personal information.
WMI’s takes reasonable steps to destroy personal information that is no longer required.
Accessing or Updating Personal Information
You may gain access to or update your personal information. To make a request to access or update your personal information, please contact WMI in writing.
WMI may take reasonable steps to verify your identity. WMI may also charge a fee for the cost of retrieving or copying requested information.
This website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third-party website from this website, personal information about you may be collected by that third-party website. WMI is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third-party website. WMI encourages you to be aware of when you leave this website and to read the privacy policies for every third-party website that you access.
Complaints and Further Information
You may obtain further information or lodge a complaint by contacting WMI. WMI will take all reasonable steps to act promptly in response to your complaint.
Please contact WMI at:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1300 252 325
Updates to Policy
WMI reserves the right to make any changes or corrections to this policy at any time.